1. Lo, a loving friend is waiting,
He is calling thee;
Listen to His voice so tender,
“Come to Me.
2. “On the cross for thee I suffered,
Death I bore for thee,
Canst thou still refuse My mercy?
Trust to Me.
3. Long hast thou been Satan’s captive,
I will set Thee free;
Then, rejoicing in thy freedom,
4. Many times has Jesus spoken,
Now He speaks again;
Shall Thy Savior’s invitation
Be in vain?
5. Soon that voice will cease its calling,
Wilt thou still delay?
Wait no longer, sin grows stronger,
6. Savior, I will wait no longer,
Now to Thee I come;
And when life’s short voyage is over,
Take me home.
Source: The Cyber Hymnal #3875
|Instances (1 - 1 of 1)||Title||First Line||Tune||Tune Key||Author||Meter||Scripture||Date||Subject||Source|
|The Cyber Hymnal #3875||Lo, a Loving Friend Is Waiting||Lo, a loving friend is waiting||HARTHAM||John M. Wigner, 1844-1911||85.83|