1. A Babe is born in Bethlehem, Bethlehem,
Therefore rejoice Jerusalem,
2. Within a manger He doth lie, He doth lie,
Whose throne is set above the sky.
3. Stillness was all the manger round, manger round,
The creature its Creator found.
4. The wise men came, led by the star, by the star,
Gold, myrrh, and incense brought from far.
5. His mother is the virgin mild, virgin mild,
And He the Father’s only child.
6. The serpent’s wound He beareth not, beareth not,
Yet takes our blood, and shares our lot,
7. Our human flesh He enters in, enters in,
But bears no single taint of sin.
8. To fallen man Himself He bowed, self He bowed,
That He might lift us up to God.
9. On this most blessèd Jubilee, Jubilee,
All glory be, O God, to Thee.
10. O Holy Three, we Thee adore, Thee adore,
This day, henceforth, forevermore.
|First Line:||A Babe is born in Bethlehem|
|Title:||A Babe Is Born in Bethlehem|
|Latin Title:||Puer natus in Bethlehem|
|Author:||Anonymous (14th Century)|
|Source:||Possibly from a 14th Century Benedictine processional from the monastery of St. Georg, Hradlisch, near Olmütz|
|Incipit:||51512 34321 54343|
|Adobe Acrobat image:||Adobe Acrobat image|
|Noteworthy Composer score:||Noteworthy Composer score|
|XML score:||XML score|