1841 - 1931 Person Name: Rev. Emanuel Cronenwett, D. D. Author of "In love still faithful to the end" in Evangelical Lutheran hymnal Cronenwett, Emmanuel, a Lutheran Pastor at Butler, Pennsylvania, U.S.A., contributed to the Evangelical Lutheran Hymnal, Published by Order of the Evangelical Lutheran Joint Synod of Ohio and other States, 1880, in addition to 20 translations from the German, the following original hymns, some of which rank with the best in the collection:—
1. A holy state is wedded life. Domestic Worship.
2. Faith is wisdom from on high. Faith.
3. Heavenly Father, Jesus taught us. Prayer.
4. Lord, Thine omniscience I adore. Omniscience.
5. O Triune God, Thy blessing great. Domestic Worship.
6. Of omniscient grace I sing. Omniscience.
7. Of Zion's honour angels sing. Ordination.
8. The precepts of the word are pure. Holy Scripture.
9. The Spirit's fruits are peace and love. Fruits of the Spirit.
10. 'Tis a marvel in our eyes. Foundation Stone laying of a Church.
11. To Thee, our fathers' God, we bow. Domestic Worship.
12. Unto Caesar let us render. National Thanksgiving.
13. We have a sure, prophetic word. Holy Scripture.
--John Julian, Dictionary of Hymnology (1907)