Hymnal: A New Version of the Psalms of David #41 (1752) Hymnal Title: A New Version of the Psalms of David Lyrics: 1. To Thee, O God, I lift my Soul;
2. In Thee my Trust repose;
O let me not be put to shame,
Nor triumph let my Foes.
3. Yea, Lord, let none that wait on Thee,
Be with Disgrace oppress'd;
But pour Contempt upon them all,
Who causeless have transgress'd.
4. Lord, shew thy Ways, teach me thy Paths;
5. Into thy Truth lead me;
For thou art my Salvation's God;
All Day I wait on Thee.
6. Remember, Lord, thy tender Grace,
Thy Kindness manifold;
And let thy Mercies freely flow;
They've ever been of old.
7. Remember not my youthful Faults,
From riper Crimes me free;
In Mercy, for thy Goodness sake,
O Lord, remember me.
5. The Lord is merciful, and just,
Instructs the Souls that stray:
9. He'll guide the Meek in righteous Paths,
The humble teach his Way.
10. The Dealings of the Lord are all
Exceeding kind, and true;
To such as keep his Covenant,
And his Commandments do.
11. Forgive my Sin, for it is great,
O Lord, for thy Name's sake.
12. The Man that fears the Lord, he'll teach
The Way that he should take.
13. His Soul serene shall dwell at Ease;
His Seed the Earth possess.
14. His Secrets God his Saints will teach;
And shew his Cov'nant Grace.
15. Mine Eyes are ever to the Lord;
My Feet from Snares he'll free.
16. Turn to me, for I'm sore distress'd;
Have Mercy, Lord, on me.
17. The Troubles of my Heart are great;
From all my Soul retrieve.
18. View mine Affliction, and my Pain;
And all my Sins forgive.
19. Observe my Foes; they many are,
And cruelly me hate.
20. O save my Soul, free me from shame;
On Thee I hopeful wait.
21. Sincere, and upright, keep my Soul;
I wait thy Grace to see.
22. Redeem thine Isr'el, mighty God,
From all his Troubles free.
Scripture: Psalm 25 Languages: English
To Thee, O God, I lift my Soul