Hymnal: A New Version of the Psalms of David #250 (1752) Hymnal Title: A New Version of the Psalms of David Lyrics: 1. Praise ye the Lord; 'tis good to sing
The Praises of our God, and King;
Praise is the most delightful Theme,
And nothing more becomes our Frame.
2. The Lord Jerus'lem doth repair;
And bring his scatter'd Exiles there.
3. He kindly heals the broken Heart;
Binds up their Wounds, allays their Smart.
4. He numbers all the starry Flames;
And calls them by their various Names.
5. Great is our Lord, of boundless Might;
His Understanding's infinite.
6. The Lord the Meek hath rais'd,and crown'd;
But cast the Wicked to the Ground.
7. To God your thankful Praises sing;
And join the Harps melodious String.
8. Who clouds the Sky, prepares the Rains;
Makes Grass to grow on Mounts, and Plains,
9. His Treasures, Beasts with Food, supply;
And the young Ravens, when they cry.
10. He, in the Strength, or nimble Flight,
Of Horse, or Man, takes no Delight.
11. The Lord takes Pleasure in the Just;
And those that in his Mercy trust.
12. Jerusalem, Jehovah, praise;
Sion, thy God, with sacred Lays.
13. He, thy Gates Bars with Strength possess't;
In thee thy Children he hath blest.
14. He gives thy Borders Peace most sweet;
And fills thee with the finest Wheat.
15. On Earth he sends forth his Decrees;
His Word, like Light'ning, swiftly flees.
16. Like Wool, he cloaths the Ground, with Snows;
His hoary Frost, as Ashes, throws:
17. Fragments of Ice casts from his Hand;
And who before his Cold can stand?
18. He sendeth forth his high Commands,
The Glebe is loosen'd from it's Bands;
He bids the warmer Breezes blow;
The Ice dissolves, the Waters flow.
19. His Word, and Will, by Act of Grace,
He hath reveal'd to Jacobs Race;
To Isr'el whom he chose his own,
His Laws, and Judgments, are made known.
20. There's none of all the Nations round,
With him, such Favour, e'er have found;
To them, he never did afford,
His Judgments. Therefore praise the Lord.
Scripture: Psalm 147 Languages: English
Praise ye the Lord, 'tis good to sing