Tarrant, William George, B.A., b. 1853. Since 1883 Minister of the Wandsworth Unitarian Christian Church. Editor of The Inquirer, 1888-97. One of the editors of the Essex Hall Hymnal. 1890, and of the Revised ed., 1902.
1. Come, let us Join with faithful souls. The Faithful.
2. Draw nigh to God; He will draw nigh to you. The Divine Helper.
3. Long ago the lilies faded. The Constant Presence.
4. The Light along the ages. Easter.
5. With happy voices ringing. Children's Praise.
--John Julian, Dictionary of Hymnology, New Supplement (1907)
Go to person page >
Melchior Vulpius (PHH 397) composed this short chorale tune, published as a setting for the anonymous funeral hymn "Christus, der ist mein Leben" ("For Me to Live Is Jesus") in Vulpius's Ein Schön Geistlich Gesangbuch (1609). Johann S. Bach (PHH 7) based his Cantata 95 on this tune and provided two…