1. Blest be the dear uniting love
that will not let us part;
our bodies may far off remove,
we still are one in heart.
2. Joined in one spirit to our Head,
where he appoints we go,
and still in Jesus' footsteps tread,
and do his work below.
3. O may we ever walk in him,
and nothing know beside,
nothing desire, nothing esteem,
but Jesus crucified!
4. We all are one who him receive,
and each with each agree,
in him the One, the Truth, we live;
blest point of unity!
5. Partakers of the Savior's grace,
the same in mind and heart,
nor joy, nor grief, nor time, nor place,
nor life, nor death can part.
Source: The United Methodist Hymnal #566
|First Line:||Blest be the dear united love|
|Author:||Charles Wesley (1742)|