1. Come, saints and sinners hear me tell
The wonders of Emmanuel,
Who saved me from a burning hell
And brought my soul with Him to dwell,
And gave me Heavenly Union.
2. When Jesus saw me from on high,
Beheld my soul in ruin lie,
I grieved me so that I must die.
I strove salvation for to buy,
But still I found no Union.
3. But when I hated all my sins,
My dear Redeemer took me in
And with His blood He washed me clean,
And, oh, what seasons I have seen
Since first I found this Union.
4. I praised the Lord both night and day,
I went from house to house to pray,
And if I met one on the way,
I always found something to say
About the Heavenly Union.
5. I wonder why all saints don't sing
And make the heavenly arches ring,
And spread the news from pole to pole
'Till every nation has been told
About the Heavenly Union.Source: Soul Echoes: A Collection of Songs for Religious Meetings, No. 2 #21