1. Defend us, Lord, from every ill;
Strengthen our hearts to do Thy will;
In all we plan and all we do,
Still keep us to Thy service true.
2. O let us hear the inspiring word
Which they of old at Horeb heard;
Breathe to our hearts the high command,
Go onward and possess the land!
3. Thou who are light, shine on each soul!
Thou who are truth, each mind control!
Open our eyes and make us see
The path which leads to Heaven and Thee!
4. The Christian Endeavor World for January 12, 1905, gives a facsimile of Hay’s manuscript, titled Invocation, with this omitted first verse:
5. Lord, from far-severed climes we come
To meet at last in Thee, our Home.
Thou who hast been our guide and guard
Be still our hope, our rich reward.
Source: The Cyber Hymnal #1277
|Instances (1 - 1 of 1)||Title||First Line||Tune||Tune Key||Author||Meter||Scripture||Date||Subject||Source|
|The Cyber Hymnal #1277||Defend Us, Lord, from Every Ill||Defend us, Lord, from every ill||JOSHUA||John Hay||LM|