Jackson, Frederick Arthur, was born Jan. 28, 1867, at Longford, Warwick. He entered the Baptist ministry in 1888 and since 1901 has been minister at Old Basford, Nottingham. He published a volume of poems in 1902 as Just Beyond. Of the hymns noted here No. l was written for the Christian Endeavour Hymnal 1906, the rest for the Sunday School Hymnary, 1905.
1. Come home, sad heart, come home. The Prodigal.
2. Father, now we thank Thee. For Infants.
3. Fight for the right, boys. Boys' Brigade.
4. Join we all in gladsome singing. For the Sunday School.
5. There is a Book that comes to me. Holy Scripture.
6. Where the flag of Britain flies. National.
In the Sunday School Hymnary, 1905, the hymn "If I were a beautiful… Go to person page >