Moore, Henry, 1732-1802. Son of a Presbyterian minister of the same name at Plymouth. Educated at Doddridge's Academy at Northampton, from 1757 to 1788 minister at Modbury, and then at Liskeard. Author of Lyrical and Miscellaneous Poems, published posthumously with a memoir by Dr. Aikin. Of his hymns, which are frequent in the books later than Kippis, the Dukinfield Collection, 1822, gives 5.
1. All earthly charms, however dear. The unfading beauty of holiness.
2. Amidst a world of hopes and fears. A prayer for guidance.
3. Assist us, Lord, to act, to be. Divine Help Solicited.
4. My God, thy boundless love I praise. The divine Love.
5. Soft are the fruitful showers that bring. A song of spring and New Life.… Go to person page >