1. Great God! to me the sight afford
To him of old allowed;
And let my faith behold its Lord
Descending in a cloud.
2. In that revealing Spirit come down,
Thine attributes proclaim,
And to my inmost soul make known
The glories of Thy name.
3. Jehovah, Christ, I Thee adore,
Who gav’st my soul to be!
Fountain of being, and of power,
And great in majesty.
4. The Lord, the mighty God, Thou art;
But let me rather prove
That name in-spoken to my heart,
That favorite name of Love.
5. Merciful God, Thyself proclaim
In this polluted breast;
Mercy is Thy distinguished name,
Which suits a sinner best.
6. Our misery doth for pity call,
Our sin implores Thy grace;
And Thou art merciful to all
Our lost, apostate race.
Source: The Cyber Hymnal #1755
|Instances (1 - 1 of 1)||Title||First Line||Tune||Tune Key||Author||Meter||Scripture||Date||Subject||Source|
|The Cyber Hymnal #1755||Great God! To Me the Sight Afford||Great God! to me the sight afford||TALLIS' ORDINAL||Charles Wesley||CM||<cite>Short Hymns</cite>, 1762, cento|