Boyce. Twenty-one hymns appeared under this signature in Williams and Boden's Collection of above Six Hundred Hymns, &c, 1801. The writer is sometimes described as "Samuel Boyce"; but nothing definite is known to us concerning him. Of these hymns the following are in common use:—
1. All hail, redeeming Lord. Christ the Day-Spring.
2. Grace, how melodious is the sound. Fulness of Grace.
3. Great Sovereign Lord, what human eye. Harvest.
4. 0 the transcendent love. Christ the Sinner's Friend.
5. Ye trembling captives, hear. The Gospel Trumpet.
-- John Julian, Dictionary of Hymnology (1907)
Go to person page >