1. Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
Sing His praises loud and clear;
Hallelujah! He is coming,
Shout the tidings, Christ is near!
He the Savior, Lord of glory
Who for us salvation won;
He, the mighty, mighty Conqueror,
He, the everlasting Son.
2. He the Lord of all the ages,
He who arched the gleaming skies;
Yet who walked, a lonely stranger,
Full of loving sympathies;
Ever waiting on our weakness,
Knowing grief and every loss;
Dying crushed and crowned with sorrow,
Bearing sin upon the cross.
3. Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
Praise for all Thou hast endured;
Hallelujah! for the triumph
Thou, O Savior, hast secured;
So we praise Thee, Lord of glory;
Yea, with all our powers we sing,
Praises to the coming King!
Francis, Samuel Trevor, son of an artist, was born at Cheshunt, Herts, in 1835, and is a merchant in London. He has written numerous hymns, which have been printed in various religious newspapers and periodicals during the past 30 years. Of these hymns the following are in the Enlarged London Hymn Book, 1873:—
1. Blessed, blessed Jesus. Pressing Onward.
2. Gracious Saviour, grant Thy word. Lent.
3. Home, home of light and glory. Heaven Desired.
4. I am waiting for the dawning. Heaven Anticipated.
5. Jesus, we remember Thee. Passiontide.
6. O child of sorrow, weary, distressed. Salvation in Jesus only.
7. O Jesus, how great is Thy mercy. Salvation in Jesus.
8. Safe to land, no shadows darken. Death and B… Go to person page >
Display Title: Hallelujah! Hallelujah! (Francis)First Line: Hallelujah! HallelujahTune Title: CARILLONAuthor: S. Trevor FrancisMeter: 87.87 DSource: Hymns of Consecration and Faith, by James Mountain (London: Marshall Brothers, new & enlarged edition, circa 1902), number 409