1. He has come, the Holy Spirit,
To my longing, waiting heart;
He has come, and like a fountain,
Joy and gladness upward start.
He has come, He has come,
He has come, my Holy Guest;
He has come with all His fullness,
Come to reign within my breast.
2. Often would He hover o’er me,
Waiting me to let Him in;
Sweetest words of promise whisper:
I will cleanse you from all sin. [Refrain]
3. Then I bade Him search the temple,
And reveal to me my need;
Now at last He makes me holy—
He is dwelling there indeed. [Refrain]
4. Like the dew, O so refreshing,
Yet so gently He has come,
And He fills me with His presence,
Makes my heart His blessèd home. [Refrain]
5. O the matchless condescension!
For the triune God in me
Deigns to live and bless forever;
Wondrous glory! Can it be? [Refrain]
6. He has come, O hallelujah!
Joyful bells of Heaven ring,
Fill the earth with sweetest music,
Every soul awake and sing. [Refrain]Source: The Cyber Hymnal #2267