1. He that, the Highest's secret place,
His sure retreat, has made.
Secure shall rest, from threatening ills,
Beneath the Almighty's shade.
2. Of this Jehovah, I will say,
"He is my refuge high,
My strong munition, and my God;
On him I will rely."
3. Surely; he shall deliver thee,
Out of the fowler's snare;
And save thee, when the noisome plague
Infests the vital air.
4. His feathers shall thee cover o'er.
His wings protection yield;
His never-failing truth shall be
Thy buckler, and thy shield.
5. Thou shalt no nightly terrors fear;
Nor shafts that fly by day:
6. No fatal plague, that darkly walks;
Nor noon's malignant ray.
7. Thousands shall fall around thee slain;
Yet shall it not touch thee.
8. Thine eyes shall only this behold,
And sinners portion see.
9. Because my refuge, God, Most High,
Thy dwelling thou hast made;
10. Therefore, no ill shall thee befall,
Nor plague thy house invade.
11. He'll charge his angels, thee to keep,
In all thy ways, from harms,
12. They, lest a stone offend thy feet,
Shall bear thee in their arms.
13. On the asp, and lion, thou shalt tread,
Fearless, when e'er ye meet;
The lion young, and dragons fierce,
Shalt trample under feet.
14. "Because his love is fixed on me,
His freedom I proclaim;
I'11 set him high, from dangers safe,
For he hath known my name.
15. "Whene'er he calls, I'll answer him;
In troubles I'll be nigh,
To rescue him from every ill;
And raise his honor high.
16. With length of days, as best shall be,
I'll satisfy his soul;
Then my salvation to him show,
Where endless pleasures rowl."
A New Version of the Psalms of David, 1752
|Instances (1 - 1 of 1)||Title||First Line||Tune||Tune Key||Author||Meter||Scripture||Date||Subject||Source|
|A New Version of the Psalms of David: Fitted to the Tunes Used in the Churches, With Several Hymns Out of the Old, and New, Testament #165||He that, the Highest's secret Place||He that, the Highest's secret Place||Psalm 91||1752|