1. Ho! every one that thirsteth, come.
Where living waters flow;
Come, buy, eat, drink, my wine, and milk,
Though ye no worth can show.
2. Why do ye spend your cost, and pains,
On empty earthly toys?
Hear me, and eat the good; delight
Your souls with heavenly joys.
3. Incline your ear, and come to me,
Hear, and your souls shall live;
I'll, the sure mercies of my son,
By endless covenant, give.
4. Him, witness to my flock, I've given,
And set him on a throne.
5. The gentile nations thou shalt call,
And they to thee shall run:
Because thy God, the Holy One,
Hath glorified thee.
6. Seek ye the Lord, in finding time;
And while he's near, call ye.
7. Let wicked men forsake their ways,
And turn unto the Lord;
Our God, in his great mercy, will,
With pardon, them reward.
The Christian's duty, exhibited in a series of hymns, 1791