1. How blest the matron, who, endued
With holy zeal and fortitude,
Has won through grace a saintly fame,
And owns a dear and honored name.
2. Such holy love inflamed her breast
She would not seek on earth her rest,
But, strong in faith and patience, trod
The narrow way that leads to God.
3. She learned, through fasting, to control
The flesh that weigheth down the soul,
And then, by prayer’s sweet food sustained,
To seek the joys she now has gained.
4. O Christ, from whom all virtue springs,
Who only doest wondrous things,
To Thee, the King of saints, we pray,
Accept and bless Thy flock today.
5. All praise to God the Father be,
All praise, eternal Son, to Thee,
Whom with the Spirit we adore
For ever and for evermore.
Source: The Cyber Hymnal #2199