Loy, M., President of the Capital University, Columbus, Ohio, contributed several original hymns, and translations from the German, to the Evangelical Lutheran Hymnal. Published by Order of the Evangelical Lutheran Joint Synod of Ohio and Other States. Columbus, Ohio, 1880.
The translations may be found through the Index of Authors, &c.; the original hymns are the following:—
1. An awful mystery is here. Holy Communion.
2. At Jesus' feet our infant sweet. Holy Baptism.
3. Come, humble soul, receive the food. Holy Communion.
4. Give me, 0 Lord, a spirit lowly. Humility desired.
5. God gave His word to holy men. Inspiration of Holy Scripture.
6. God of grace, Whose word is sure. Faithfulness.
7. How matchless is… Go to person page >
MANOAH was first published in Henry W. Greatorex's Collection of Psalm and Hymn Tunes (1851). This anthology (later editions had alternate titles) contained one of the best tune collections of its era and included thirty-seven original compositions and arrangements by compiler Greatorex as well as m…
Display Title: I thank Thee, Savior! for the griefFirst Line: I thank Thee, Savior! for the griefMeter: C. M.Date: 1880Subject: Christian Life and Hope | ; The Walk of Godliness | Cross and Consolation
Display Title: I thank Thee, Savior for the griefFirst Line: I thank Thee, Savior for the griefTune Title: MANOAHAuthor: Rev. Matthias Loy, D. D.Meter: C. M. No. 2Date: 1908Subject: Sexagesima | ; Christian Life and Hope | The Walk of Godliness: Cross and Consolation