Adey, William Thomas, son of Rev. E. Adey, Paptist minister, of Leighton Buzzard, Beds, was born at Leighton, Dec. 19, 1844. He entered the Baptist ministry in 1866, and has been pastor at Darlington, Leeds, Scarborough, Ealing, and now (1906) at Kingsbridge, Devon. His hymn "There is room for little children" [Christ welcoming Children) was written in 1895 for his Sunday School Anniversary at Ealing, and first published in C. E. H. 1896, No. 393. A third stanza was added in Hymns from the Mission, 1902, No. 44, and this is in the Sunday School Hymnary, 1905.
--John Julian, Dictionary of Hymnology, New Supplement (1907)
Go to person page >