Bell, Charles Christopher, the author of a few hymns in the Methodist Sunday School Hymn Book 1879, was born at Hickling, Notts, Dec. 10, 1845. Mr. Bell is a chemist by trade, and a member of the Church of England. His hymns are:—
1. Eternal Father, hear, we pray. Evening.
2. In thankful songs our hearts we lift. Thanksgiving.
3. Jesus, Who callest little ones to Thee. Early Piety.
4. O Thou, Whose love throughout this day. Evening.
5. Praise the Lord, for still He reigneth. Praise to Christ.
Of these hymns Nos. 4 and 5 are marked "Unknown," in the Methodist Sunday School Hymn Book. Mr. Bell's compositions are worthy of more extensive use than is now accorded to them.
-- John Julian, Dictionary of Hymnology (1907)
Go to person page >