1. O Thou, whose bounty fills my cup
With ev'ry blessing meet!
I give Thee thanks for ev'ry drop--
The bitter and the sweet.
2. I praise Thee for the desert road,
And for the river-side;
For all thy goodness hath bestowed,
And all Thy grace denied.
3. I thank Thee for both smile and frown,
And for the gain and loss;
I praise Thee for the future crown,
And for the present cross.
4. I thank Thee for the wing of love,
Which stirred my worldly nest;
And for the stormy clouds which drove
Me, trembling, to Thy breast.
5. I bless Thee for the glad increase,
And for the waning joy;
And for this strange, this settled peace,
Which nothing can destroy.
Source: The New Christian Hymnal #353