Whiting, Mary Bradford, was born at Bloomfield, Essex. She is daughter of the Rev. J. B. Whiting, Vicar of St. Luke's, Ramsgate. To her father's Hymns for the Church Catholic, 1882, she contributed:—
1. Come ye yourselves apart and rest awhile. The way is weary, &c. Holy Communion.
2. O Sun of truth and glory. Morning.
3. O word of love! O word of life. Holy Scripture.
4. There was beauty on the sea. Creation.
5. Time is swiftly passing o'er us. New Year.
6. To Thee, Creator, in Whose love. Holy Trinity.
7. What was the holy joy, O Lord. Work.
The best of these hymns are Nos. 1 and 7, and all are worthy of attention.
-- John Julian, Dictionary of Hymnology (1907)… Go to person page >