1. The earth, O Lord, is one wide field
Of all Thy chosen seed;
The crop prepared its fruit to yield;
The laborers are few indeed.
2. We therefore come before Thee now
With fasting, and with prayer,
Beseeching of Thy love that Thou
Wouldst send more laborers there.
3. Not for our land alone we pray,
Though that above the rest;
The realms and islands far away,
O let them all be blest.
4. Endue the bishops of Thy flock
With wisdom and with grace,
Against false doctrine, like a rock,
To set the heart and face.
5. To all Thy priests Thy truth reveal,
And make Thy judgments clear;
Make Thou Thy deacons full of zeal,
And humble, and sincere.
6. And give their flocks a lowly mind
To hear and to obey;
That each and all may mercy find
At Thine appearing day.
Source: The Cyber Hymnal #1351
|Instances (1 - 1 of 1)||Title||First Line||Tune||Tune Key||Author||Meter||Scripture||Date||Subject||Source|
|The Cyber Hymnal #1351||The Earth, O Lord, Is One Wide Field||The earth, O Lord, is one wide field||MANCHESTER NEW||John M. Neale||CM||<cite>Hymns for the Young</cite>, second series, 1844|