1. Thrice blessed are all that fear the Lord
And walk in his pure ways.
2. Thy labor shall supply thy wants;
And prosper all thy days.
3. Thy wife, a lovely fruitful vine,
By thy house sides, shall grow;
Thy children, round thy table set,
Like olive plants shall show.
4. Behold; thus shall the nan be blest,
That doth Jehovah fear!
5. The Lord, who dwells on Sion hill,
Shall bless thee every where;
Thou, all thy days, with joy, shall see
Jerusalem's happy state:
6. Behold thy children's children rise,
And peace on Israel wait.
John Barnard, born in Boston, Nov. 6, 1681; in 1752 made a version of psalms with the music; settled at Marblehead; introduced new music ther; died Jan 14, 1770, aged 89.
A Dictionary of Musical Information by John W. Moore, Boston: Oliver, Ditson & Company, 1876
Go to person page >