1. To Thee, O God, I lift my soul;
2. In Thee my trust repose;
O let me not be put to shame,
Nor triumph let my foes.
3. Yea, Lord, let none that wait on thee,
Be with disgrace oppressed;
But pour contempt upon them all,
Who causeless have transgressed.
4. Lord, show thy ways, teach me thy paths;
5. Into thy truth lead me;
For thou art my salvation's God;
All day I wait on thee.
6. Remember, Lord, thy tender grace,
Thy kindness manifold;
And let thy mercies freely flow;
They've ever been of old.
7. Remember not my youthful faults,
From riper crimes me free;
In mercy, for thy goodness sake,
O Lord, remember me.
5. The Lord is merciful, and just,
Instructs the souls that stray:
9. He'll guide the meek in righteous paths,
The humble teach his way.
10. The dealings of the Lord are all
Exceeding kind, and true;
To such as keep his covenant,
And his commandments do.
11. Forgive my sin, for it is great,
O Lord, for thy name's sake.
12. The man that fears the Lord, he'll teach
The way that he should take.
13. His soul serene shall dwell at ease;
His seed the earth possess.
14. His secrets God his saints will teach;
And show his covenant grace.
15. Mine eyes are ever to the Lord;
My feet from snares he'll free.
16. Turn to me, for I'm sore distressed;
Have mercy, Lord, on me.
17. The troubles of my heart are great;
From all my soul retrieve.
18. View mine affliction, and my pain;
And all my sins forgive.
19. Observe my foes; they many are,
And cruelly me hate.
20. O save my soul, free me from shame;
On thee I hopeful wait.
21. Sincere, and upright, keep my soul;
I wait thy grace to see.
22. Redeem thine Israel, mighty God,
From all his troubles free.
A New Version of the Psalms of David, 1752
|Instances (1 - 1 of 1)||Title||First Line||Tune||Tune Key||Author||Meter||Scripture||Date||Subject||Source|
|A New Version of the Psalms of David: Fitted to the Tunes Used in the Churches, With Several Hymns Out of the Old, and New, Testament #41||To Thee, O God, I lift my Soul||To Thee, O God, I lift my Soul||Psalm 25||1752|