1. We thank and praise thee, God;
For that thy name is near,
Thy power, and grace, which succors us,
Thy wondrous works declare.
2. When I receive the tribes,
Strict justice I'll maintain.
3. Our land and people are dissolved;
It's pillars I sustain.
4. Let fools from folly cease;
And wicked curb their pride.
5. I said, lift not your horn on high;
Lay your proud talk aside.
6. For from east, west, or south,
Promotion never springs.
7. But God is judge, who lifts up one,
And down another flings.
8. For in Jehovah's hand,
There is a dreadful cup;
The wine is red, with bitter drugs
'Tis fully mixed up:
9. From thence he poureth out
To each as he doth please;
But the impious all shall wring the dregs,
And drink the very lees.
9. I'll ever speak, and sing,
The God of Jacob's praise.
10. I'll cut off all the wicked's horns,
The just to honor raise.
A New Version of the Psalms of David, 1752
|Instances (1 - 1 of 1)||Title||First Line||Tune||Tune Key||Author||Meter||Scripture||Date||Subject||Source|
|A New Version of the Psalms of David: Fitted to the Tunes Used in the Churches, With Several Hymns Out of the Old, and New, Testament #135||We thank and praise Thee, God||Psalm 75||1752|