Walter Pelz (b. 1926) was born in Chicago and educated at Concordia Teachers College, River Forest, Illinois (B.S. 1948), and Northwestern University ( M.Mus. 1951). After teaching music at Christ Lutheran Church, Minneapolis, and music in the public schools for fourteen years, he became minister of music at Christ Lutheran Church, Minneapolis, and received his Ph.D. from the University of Minnesota (1970). He has been a member of the music faculty of Bethany College, Lindsborg, Kansas, since 1969. There he has directed choirs and conducted the Bethany Oratorio Society, which has performed Handel’s Messiah annually since 1882.
--The Presbyterian Hymnal Companion 1993
Go to person page >