|Short Name:||A. Eubule Evans|
|Full Name:||Evans, A. Eubule (Albert Eubule), 1839-1896|
Evans, Albert Eubule, B.A., was educated at St. Mary Hall, Oxford (B.A. 1866), and took Holy Orders in 1864. He held successively the Curacies of Slough, New Windsor, and Walmer; was an Organising Secretary of the S. P. G., Secretary to the South American Missionary Society, and Assistant Examiner to the Civil Service Commissioners; and became Rector of Kirk-Hallam, Ilkston, in 1875. Mr. Evans published Pietas Puerilis, 1865; The Fourfold Message of Advent, 1870; and some tales. His hymns appeared in the Rev. R. Brown-Borthwick's Sixteen Hymns, &c, 1870; his Select Hymns for Church & Home, 1871; Dr. Martineau's Hymns, &c, 1873; and the Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge Church Hymns, 1871.
These collections include the following:
1. Lo! the voice of Jesus. Voice of Jesus.
2. Look up, look up, my soul, still higher. Upwards and Onwards.
3. Lord, to Thee alone we turn. Lent.
4. Many mansions, O what rapture. Heaven.
5. O render thanks unto the Lord. Septuagesima.
6. There is a road that all may tread. Christian Life a Pilgrimage.
7. Trust in God and God alone. Trust.
-- John Julian, Dictionary of Hymnology (1907)
Evans, A. E. , p. 357, ii. Although appointed Sec. to the S. A. M. Society he did not take up the work. He died May 21, 1896.
--John Julian, Dictionary of Hymnology, New Supplement (1907)