Hymnary.org belongs to the Christian Classics Ethereal Library (CCEL) located at Calvin University in Grand Rapids, MI.
Hymnary.org was started in 2007. In partnership with The Hymn Society in the United States and Canada, Hymnary.org now houses the Dictionary of North American Hymnology--making Hymnary.org the most complete database of North American hymnody on the planet.
Hymnary.org is funded in part through advertising and sales of hymn-related products, but it would not survive without the support of many generous people. There are many ways you can support this mission.
Give of your time:
Volunteers play a pivotal role at Hymnary.org. If you would like to add a favorite hymnal, hymn texts, MIDI files, bibliographic information, proof existing information, become an editor or otherwise help out, see our Volunteer page.
Give of your money:
- Purchase advertising on the Hymnary.org site.
- Purchase hymn-related products through the Hymnary.org site.
- Publishers may sign on to add their hymn-related products, such as choral, organ, hand-bell or other instrumental arrangements.
- Financial donations are always greatly appreciated. Tax-deductible donations can be made through any of the following:
- By check to CCEL and mailed to Christian Classics Ethereal Library · 3201 Burton SE · Grand Rapids, MI 49546. Please indicate if you would like Calvin University to contact you regarding other donor opportunities.
- Online, through Calvin University's donation page.
- If you have questions regarding donations, please contact Nyna Sykes.