Mitchell, Elizabeth Harcourt, née Rolls, daughter of John E. W. Rolls, of the Hendre, Monmouth, was b. Dec. 15, 1833, and married to F. J. Mitchell, of Llanfrechfa Grange, Caerleon, Monmouthshire, in 1860. Mrs. Mitchell's prose works, published by Masters, Hayes, and the Society from Promoting Christian Knowledge number about 20. Her poetical works are First Fruits, Wild Thyme, The Ballad of the Battle of Trafalgar. To Mrs. Brock's Children's Hymn Book, 1881, she contributed the following:—
1. As Hebrew children strewed their palms. Church Decorators.
2. In the desert all alone. St. John Baptist.
3. King of glory, Saviour dear. Martyrs.
4. Come to the Manger in Bethlehem. Christmas Carol.
5. Good news from the hills of J… Go to person page >
Display Title: King of glory! Savior dear!First Line: King of glory! Savior dear!Tune Title: POSENAuthor: E. H. MitchellMeter: 22.214.171.124.Date: 1898Subject: All Saints | ; Other Feasts and Fasts | ; Perseverance |
Display Title: King of glory! Saviour dearFirst Line: King of glory! Saviour dearTune Title: [King of glory! Saviour dear]Author: Elizabeth H. MitchellMeter: 7 S.Date: 1894Subject: All Saints | ; For Children | ; Perseverance |