1. Maker of man, who from Thy throne
Dost order all things, God alone;
By whose decree the teeming earth
To reptile and to beast gave birth:
2. The mighty forms that fill the land,
Instinct with life at Thy command,
Are giv’n subdued to humankind
For service in their rank assigned.
3. From all Thy servants drive away
Whate’er of thought impure today
Hath been with open action blent
Or mingled with the heart’s intent.
4. In Heav’n Thine endless joys bestow,
And grant Thy gifts of grace below;
From chains of strife our souls release,
Bind fast the gentle hands of peace.
5. O Father, that we ask be done,
Through Jesus Christ, Thine only Son;
Who, with the Holy Ghost and Thee,
Doth live and reign eternally.Source: The Cyber Hymnal #4301