Robbins, Samuel Dowse, M.A., brother of Dr. Chandler Bobbins, was born in Lynn, Massachusetts, March 7, 1812, and was educated for the ministry at the Cambridge Divinity School. In 1833 he became Pastor of the Unitarian congregation in his native town, and subsequently held pastorates at Chelsea (1840), Farmingham (1859), and Wayland (1867), and retired from the last in 1873. Four of his hymns are given in the Boston Unitarian Hymn [and Tune] Book, 1868:—
1. Down towards the twilight drifting. Sunset.
2. Saviour, when Thy bread we break. Holy Communion.
3. Thou art, 0 God! my East, In Thee I dawned. God, All in All.
4. Thou art my morning, God of Light. Daily Hymn.
5. Thou art our Master, Thou of God the Son. Christ the… Go to person page >