1. See where the great incarnate God
Fills a majestic throne;
While from the skies His awful voice
Bears the last judgment down.
2. “I am the first, and I the last,
Through endless years the same;
I AM is my memorial still,
And My eternal name.
3. “Such favors as a God can give
My royal grace bestows:
Ye thirsty souls, come taste the streams
Where life and pleasure flows.
4. “The saint that triumphs o’er his sins,
I’ll own him for a son;
The whole creation shall reward
The conquests he has won.
5. “But bloody hands and hearts unclean,
And all the lying race,
The faithless and the scoffing crew,
That spurn at offered grace;
6. They shall be taken from My sight,
Bound fast in iron chains,
And headlong plunged into the lake
Where fire and darkness reigns.
7. O may I stand before the Lamb
When earth and seas are fled!
And hear the Judge pronounce my name,
With blessings on my head!
8. May I with those for ever dwell
Who here were my delight!
While sinners, banished down to hell,
No more offend my sight.
|First Line:||See where the great incarnate God|
|Title:||See Where the Great Incarnate God|
|Author:||Isaac Watts (1707-9)|
|Source:||Hymns and Spiritual Songs, 1707-9|
|Incipit:||13423 21714 33233|
|Source:||Seven Sobs of a Sorrowful Soul, 1585|
|Adobe Acrobat image:||Adobe Acrobat image|
|MIDI file:||MIDI File|
|Noteworthy Composer score:||Noteworthy Composer score|
|XML score:||XML score|