Come, Now Is the Time to Worship
- Text Copyright
- © 1998 Vineyard Songs, admin. in North American by Music Services, Inc.
- Tune Copyright
- music © 1998 Vineyard Songs, admin. in North American by Music Services, Inc.
· arr. © 2012 Vineyard Songs (UK/EIRE), admin. in North America by Music Services, Inc.
- Reprint/Projection Information
- Words and Music: Permitted with a license from CCLI.com. If you do not own this license, please contact the copyright holder for permission.
Further Reflections on Scripture References
Two references enhance the call to worship – Psalm 95 and John 4:24.
Two other references speak about the exaltation of Christ as the one who is to be worshiped – Philippians 2:9-11 and Revelation 7:9ff.
Confessions and Statements of Faith References
Further Reflections on Confessions and Statements of Faith References
We celebrate with joy that Christ has come to rescue us from sin and evil through the work of his son, Jesus Christ. Our World Belongs to God, paragraph 35 identifies the church as “the fellowship of those who confess Jesus as Lord…the bride of Christ…”
Belgic Confession, Article 21 professes how Jesus Christ is a high priest forever and provided for the cleansing of our sins; Article 10 proclaims him as the “true eternal God, the Almighty, whom we invoke, worship and serve.” Heidelberg Catechism, Lord’s Day 1, Question and Answer 2 calls us to “live and die in the joy of this comfort” and “to thank God for such deliverance.”
You can view this hymn by purchasing it in our Lift Up Your Hearts mobile app.
Due to copyright restrictions,
we cannot display this hymn on our website or provide printable copies of it.