1. Give ear, ye children, to my law,
Devout attention lend;
Let the instructions of My mouth
Deep in your hearts descend.
2. My tongue, by inspiration taught,
Shall parables unfold:
Dark oracles, but understood,
And owned for truths of old;
3. Which we from sacred registers
Of ancient times have known,
And our forefathers' pious care
To us has handed down.
4. Let children learn the mighty deeds
Which God performed of old;
Which in our younger years we saw,
And which our fathers told.
5. Our lips shall tell them to our sons,
And they again to theirs;
That generations yet unborn
May teach them to their heirs.
|First Line:||Give ear, ye children, to my law|
|Title:||Give Ear, Ye Children, to My Law|
|Author:||Rev. J. Belknap (1795)|
|Topic:||Home and Youth: Children|
|Composer:||William Tansur (1740)|
|Incipit:||11215 12334 54312|