1. Unto my Words, O Lord, give Ear;
My secret Meditation weigh;
2. My mournful Cry, in Mercy, hear;
My King, my God, to Thee I'll pray.
3. Soon as the op'ning Morn's begun,
My humble Voice, thou, Lord, shalt hear;
To Thee, I'll, with the rising Sun,
Lift up mine Eyes, and make my Pray'r.
4. Thou, Lord, in Sin hast no Delight;
Neither shall Evil dwell with Thee;
5. Nor wicked Fools stand in thy Sight;
Thou hat'st who work Iniquity.
6. Thou surely wilt them all destroy,
That raise, and spread, pernicious Lies;
The Lord abhors such as employ
Themselves in Blood, and Guile devise.
7. But I, thro' thine abundant Grace,
Again shall to thy House repair;
And now, towards thy holy Place,
I look, and worship, in thy Fear.
8. Lord, lead me in thy Righteousness,
My spiteful Foes observant grow ;
Make plain, and right, before my Face,
The Way in which I ought to go.
9. For in their Mouth, no Faith they have,
Their inward Part's perversly wrong;
Their Throat is like an open Grave;
They basely flatter with their Tongue.
10. Their secret Guilt, O Lord, detect,
By their own Counsels let them fall;
Them, for their many Crimes reject
For they are harden'd Rebels all.
11. Let those rejoice that trust in Thee,
And loud, with Shouts, their Joy proclaim;
For thou wilt their Protection be;
Let them rejoice that love thy Name.
12. For thou, O Lord, to righteous Men,
Wilt make thy Blessing to extend;
As with a Shield, thy Favour, them
Shall, round on ev'ry Side defend.
|First Line:||Unto my Words, O Lord, give Ear|