1. I need thee every hour, most gracious Lord;
no tender voice like thine can peace afford.
I need thee, O I need thee;
every hour I need thee;
O bless me now, my Savior, I come to thee.
2. I need thee every hour; stay thou nearby;
temptations lose their power when thou art nigh.
3. I need thee every hour, in joy or pain;
come quickly and abide, or life is vain.
4. I need thee every hour; teach me thy will;
and thy rich promises in me fulfill.
5. I need thee every hour, most Holy One;
O make me thine indeed, thou blessed Son.
|First Line:||I need thee every hour|
|Title:||I Need Thee Every Hour|
|Author:||Annie S. Hawks (1872)|
|Meter:||64.64 with Refrain|
|Topic:||Sanctifiying and Perfecting Grace: Personal Holiness; Sanctifiying and Perfecting Grace: Prayer, Trust, Hope; Aspiration and Resolve(2 more...)|
|Refrain First Line:||I need thee, O I need thee|