1. Jesus, united by thy grace
and each to each endeared,
with confidence we seek thy face
and know our prayer is heard.
2. Help us to help each other, Lord,
each other's cross to bear;
let all their friendly aid afford,
and feel each other's care.
3. Up unto thee, our living Head,
let us in all things grow;
till thou hast made us free
indeed and spotless here below.
4. Touched by the lodestone of thy love,
let all our hearts agree,
and ever toward each other move,
and ever move toward thee.
5. To thee, inseparably joined,
let all our spirits cleave;
O may we all the loving mind
that was in thee receive.
6. This is the bond of perfectness,
thy spotless charity;
O let us, still we pray,
possess the mind that was in thee.
|First Line:||Jesus, united by thy grace|
|Title:||Jesus, United by Thy Grace|
|Author:||Charles Wesley (1742)|
|Topic:||Love Feast; The Nature of the Church: United in Christ; Church: Community in Christ(2 more...)|