1. Blest Christmas morn, though murky clouds
Pursue thy way,
Thy light was born where storm enshrouds
Nor dawn nor day.
2. Dear Christ, forever here and near,
No cradle song
No natal hour and mother’s tear
To Thee belong.
3. Thou God-idea, Life encrowned,
The Bethlehem Babe—
Beloved, replete, by flesh embound—
Was but Thy shade!
4. Thou gentle beam of living Love,
And deathless Life!
Truth infinite—so far above
All mortal strife,
5. Or cruel creed, or earth-born taint:
Fill us today
With all Thou art—be Thou our saint,
Our stay, alway.
Source: The Cyber Hymnal #584