1. Bow down, O Lord, thine ear, hear me;
Oppressed, and poor, am I.
2. Keep thou my righteous soul, which doth
On thee, my God, rely.
3. To thee, I daily make my prayer;
Have mercy, Lord, on me,
4. Joy, to thy servant's soul, restore;
Who lifts his heart to thee.
5. For thou, O Lord, art good and kind,
Ready to pardon all;
Plenteous in mercy unto them,
In truth, that on thee call.
6. Lord, hear my prayer, and to the voice
Of my request attend.
7. In straits, I'll call on thee, who wilt
A gracious answer send.
8. Among the gods there's none like thee;
Nor any works like thine.
9. The nations all, whom thou hast made
Shall in sweet consort join;
Themselves shall bow before thy face,
And glorify thy name.
10. For thou art great; thy wondrous works
Thee, God alone, proclaim.
11. Teach me thy way, O Lord, and I
In truth will persevere;
Unite, and fix, my wandering heart,
Thy sacred name to fear.
12. With all my heart, I'll praise thee, Lord,
Thy glories ever tell.
15. For thy great mercy has my soul,
Freed from the lowest hell.
14. O God, the proud against me rise,
And powerful troops have fought
To take my life; who ne'er employ,
On thee, one serious thought.
15. But thou, O Lord, a merciful,
And gracious God, art found:
Thine anger is not soon provoked,
Thy grace, and yruth, abound.
16. O turn to me thy placid Face,
Let pity now be shown;
Thy strength, unto thy servant, give,
And save thine handmaid's son.
17. Such marks of favor to me show
As all my foes may see,
Oppressed with shame; because Lord, thou
Dost help, and comfort me.
A New Version of the Psalms of David, 1752
|Instances (1 - 1 of 1)||Title||First Line||Tune||Tune Key||Author||Meter||Scripture||Date||Subject||Source|
|A New Version of the Psalms of David: Fitted to the Tunes Used in the Churches, With Several Hymns Out of the Old, and New, Testament #155||Bow down, O Lord, thine Ear, hear me||Bow down, O Lord, thine Ear, hear me||Psalm 86||1752|