Gould, Hannah Flagg, was born at Lancaster, Vermont, in 1789. In her youth her father removed to Newbury-port, Massachusetts. She died in 1865. Her Poems were published in 1832, 1835, and 1841. From these Poems the following pieces are taken:—
1. Alone I walked the ocean strand.
2. Day of God, thou blessed day. (1841.) Sunday.
3. O Thou Who hast spread out the skies. (1832.) For Use at Sea.
4. O Father, to the fields that are ripe. Harvest.
5. Who, when darkness gathered o'er us. American National Hymn.
--John Julian, Dictionary of Hymnology, Appendix, Part II (1907)
Go to person page >
Display Title: Choice of God, thou blessed dayFirst Line: Choice of God, thou blessed dayAuthor: Miss H. F. GouldMeter: 7's M.Date: 1871Subject: Sabbath | ; The Sabbath | ; Worship | Introduction and Close of
Display Title: Choice of God, thou blessed dayFirst Line: Choice of God, thou blessed dayAuthor: Miss H. F. GouldMeter: 7sScripture: Isaiah 61:6Date: 1873Subject: The Christian Church | The Sabbath; Choice of God |