1. Dear God, our Father, at Thy knees confessing
Our sins and follies, close in Thine embrace,
Children forgiven, happy in Thy blessing,
Deepen our spirits to receive Thy grace.
2. Not for more beauty would our eyes entreat Thee,
Flooded with beauty, beauty everywhere;
Only for keener vision that may greet Thee,
In all Thy vestures of the earth and air.
3. The stars and rainbows are Thy wondrous wearing,
Sunlight and shadow moving on the hills;
Holy the meadow where Thy feet are faring,
Holy the brooklet that Thy laughter fills.
4. Not for more love our craving hearts implore Thee,
But for more power to love until they glow
Like hearths of comfort, eager to restore Thee,
Hidden in human wretchedness and woe.
5. In souls most sullen Thou art softly dreaming
Of saints and heroes wrought from Thy divine
Pity and patience, still the lost redeeming,
Deepen our spirits for love like Thine.
Source: The Cyber Hymnal #1222
|Instances (1 - 1 of 1)||Title||First Line||Tune||Tune Key||Author||Meter||Scripture||Date||Subject||Source|
|The Cyber Hymnal #1222||Dear God, Our Father||Dear God, our Father, at Thy knees confessing||HENLEY||Katharine L. Bates, 1859-1929||22.214.171.124|