1. Earth, with all its dark and dreadful ills,
Recedes and fades away;
Lift up your heads, ye heavenly hills,
Ye gates of death, give way!
2. My soul is full of whispered song;
My blindness is my sight;
The shadows that I feared so long
Are all alive with light.
3. The while my pulses faintly beat,
My faith doth so abound;
I feel grow firm beneath my feet
The green immortal ground.
4. That faith to me a courage gives,
Low as the grave to go;
I know that my Redeemer lives—
That I shall live, I know.
5. The palace walls I almost see
Where dwells my Lord and king;
O grave! where is thy victory?
O death! where is thy sting?
|Instances (1 - 1 of 1)||Title||First Line||Tune||Tune Key||Author||Meter||Scripture||Date||Subject||Source|
|The Cyber Hymnal #1304||Earth, with Its Dark and Dreadful Ills||Earth, with all its dark and dreadful ills||SAWLEY||Alice Cary||CM|