1. Eternal God, how they’re increased
Who greatly trouble me!
How many are the men that stand
In triumph over me!
2. Many there be who ever are
Saying unto my soul,
There’s no salvation to be had
For him in God at all.
3. But now about me Thou’rt a shield
O Thou eternal God;
Thou art my Glory, and Thou art
Th’Uplifter of my head.
4. I laid me down, and took my sleep,
And then I did awake;
Because that the eternal God
Sustained me all along.
5. Salvation is what does belong
To the eternal God;
On those that are Thy people is
Thy benediction still.
|Instances (1 - 1 of 1)||Title||First Line||Tune||Tune Key||Author||Meter||Scripture||Date||Subject||Source|
|The Cyber Hymnal #1370||Eternal God, How They're Increased||Eternal God, how they're increased||WORCESTER (Playford)||Cotton Mather||CM||<cite>Psalterium Americanum</cite>, 1718|