Cronenwett, Emmanuel, a Lutheran Pastor at Butler, Pennsylvania, U.S.A., contributed to the Evangelical Lutheran Hymnal, Published by Order of the Evangelical Lutheran Joint Synod of Ohio and other States, 1880, in addition to 20 translations from the German, the following original hymns, some of which rank with the best in the collection:—
1. A holy state is wedded life. Domestic Worship.
2. Faith is wisdom from on high. Faith.
3. Heavenly Father, Jesus taught us. Prayer.
4. Lord, Thine omniscience I adore. Omniscience.
5. O Triune God, Thy blessing great. Domestic Worship.
6. Of omniscient grace I sing. Omniscience.
7. Of Zion's honour angels sing. Ordination.
8. The precepts of the word are pure.… Go to person page >
Display Title: For me to live is JesusFirst Line: For me to live is JesusTune Title: HEIDELBERG (Ach bleib mit deiner Gnade)Author: Rev. Emanuel Cronenwett, D. D.Meter: No. 23Date: 1908Subject: Christian Life and Hope | The Consummation: Contemplation of DeathSource: Melchior Vulpius G. B., Jena, 1609