1. For this New Year we humbly ask Your grace;
Help us to always see Your loving face
Shining upon us, bringing peace within,
Keeping our feet from paths of mortal sin.
2. Dear Lord, we ask that we would always be
Open to You, and that all men may see
In how we treat them that we’ve made a pact.
To let Your love shine through our ev’ry act.
3. Within our fam’lies may we know Your peace;
As we share moments let our love increase.
Teach us to share with those we truly love
As we would do so in that home above.
4. Now for Your church, Lord, we would give You thanks,
All kinds of people making up her ranks;
Help her be true in all she longs to do
That ev’ry act shall praise and honor You.
5. For this Your world, dear Lord, we beg You now
Beat ev’ry sword blade into humble plow;
We seek that peace that we can help to bring
When we acknowledge You as Lord and King.
6. For me, O Lord, this too I simply ask;
Help me to not shirk my appointed task,
Teach me to trust, Lord, walking day by day,
In simple faith that You show me Your way.