1. God, in the congregation, stands,
Among the men of might;
The earthly gods he strict surveys,
Their actions judges right.
2. "How long, (said he) then, will you dare
False judgment to award;
The wicked's person to accept,
And partially regard?
3. "Defend the poor, and fatherless,
And right the weak distressed.
4. From wicked hands, deliver those,
With tyranny, oppressed."
5. They know not, nor will understand,
But walk perversely blind;
The earth's foundations all are moved,
And greatly undermined.
6. "I said; Ye're Gods; all of you sons
Of the Most High did call;
7. But ye shall die, like common men,
Like other princes fall."
8. Arise, O God, and judge the earth,
Restore lost righteousness:
For thou, the nations of the world,
As sovereign shalt possess.
A New Version of the Psalms of David, 1752
|Instances (1 - 1 of 1)||Title||First Line||Tune||Tune Key||Author||Meter||Scripture||Date||Subject||Source|
|A New Version of the Psalms of David: Fitted to the Tunes Used in the Churches, With Several Hymns Out of the Old, and New, Testament #149||God, in the Congregation, stands||God, in the Congregation, stands||Psalm 83||1752|