Loy, M., President of the Capital University, Columbus, Ohio, contributed several original hymns, and translations from the German, to the Evangelical Lutheran Hymnal. Published by Order of the Evangelical Lutheran Joint Synod of Ohio and Other States. Columbus, Ohio, 1880.
The translations may be found through the Index of Authors, &c.; the original hymns are the following:—
1. An awful mystery is here. Holy Communion.
2. At Jesus' feet our infant sweet. Holy Baptism.
3. Come, humble soul, receive the food. Holy Communion.
4. Give me, 0 Lord, a spirit lowly. Humility desired.
5. God gave His word to holy men. Inspiration of Holy Scripture.
6. God of grace, Whose word is sure. Faithfulness.
7. How matchless is… Go to person page >
Display Title: God of grace, whose word is sureFirst Line: God of grace, whose word is sureTune Title: I WILL NEVER JESUS LEAVEMeter: 7, 8, 7, 8, 7, 7.Date: 1898Subject: Confirmation | ; Fidelity | ; Resignation |
Display Title: God of grace, whose Word is sureFirst Line: God of grace, whose Word is sureTune Title: LUBECKAuthor: Rev. Matthias Loy, D. D.Meter: No. 22Date: 1908Subject: Fifth Sunday after Trinity | ; Eleventh Sunday after Trinity | ; Christian Life and Hope | The Walk of Godliness: Christian Resolve and Holiness