1. Have pity, upon me, O God,
For men would me devour;
He daily driving for my hurt,
Oppresses me with power.
2. My watchful foes do, every day,
To swallow me, devise.
For they are many, O Most High,
That up against me rise.
3. When I'm afraid, I'll trust in thee.
4. In God I'll praise his word;
Nor fear what flesh can do to me,
For I trust in the Lord.
5, Each day, they wrest my words to speak,
A sense I never meant;
And, my destruction to contrive,
Their thoughts are wholly bent.
6. They meet together, and consult,
And secretly debate;
They strictly all my actions watch,
While for my soul they wait.
7. Shall they, by all their wickedness,
Escape thy dreadful frown;
O God, in thy just anger, cast,
This wicked people down.
8. Thou numberest all the wandering steps,
From place, to place, I've took;
Are not my tears all safe preserved,
And entered in thy book?
9. When'er I cry, my foes shall flee,
I know; for God's mine aid.
10. In God, the Lord, I'll praise his word,
On which my hopes are stayed.
11. In God I trust; and will not fear
What man can do to me.
12. Thy vows are upon me, O God,
I'll render praise to thee.
13. Thou, who hast saved my soul from death,
My feet from falls defend;
That I may live, and all my days
In thy blessed service spend.
A New Version of the Psalms of David, 1752
|Instances (1 - 1 of 1)||Title||First Line||Tune||Tune Key||Author||Meter||Scripture||Date||Subject||Source|
|A New Version of the Psalms of David: Fitted to the Tunes Used in the Churches, With Several Hymns Out of the Old, and New, Testament #103||Have Pity, upon me, O God||Have Pity, upon me, O God||Psalm 56||1752|